Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shrunken Heads


Did a couple mini paintings today while I was waiting for my Fiance to wake up from his nap.  (His mom is coming to visit in a few days and we needed to make another run to the storage unit but he'd asked for a nap first.)

Top one is a self portrait.  Got my hair done last weekend by my good friend Carla over at the Double O Salon in Eaglerock, CA.  I've been dying to have lime green hair for a couple years now and decided that it was the right time.  Haven't really had the time to take a photo of my hair, so I decided to do a painting instead.  You know, because it takes such a long time to take a photo with a digital camera and upload it to the web.


Since the portrait was so small and I was working on a sheet of 4"x 6" paper, I decided to use up the rest of my paper and paint by just doodling something.  The shrunken head is what happened.  Been thinking about those a lot lately, glad I finally got that idea out on paper.

No comments: