Monday, August 22, 2011

Mermaids

BLECK!!

I'm not a huge fan of mermaids.  I used to be, once upon a time, but I won't get into that.  What I will get into is this:






My mom asked me a few months back for some mermaid drawings.  She's aware of how I feel, but since it's family and they do so much for you. . . you're kinda obligated to do things you don't like every now and then.  I've filled about 6 pages in my sketch book trying to figure out how I want these little buggers to look.  I've tried adult, sexy mermaids, a few really stylized, teenage type mermaids and even a skeletal mermaid (my personal fave thus far), but the need to draw more creepy bug eyed children prevailed.

With any luck I'll have one I'm happy with, put it in the computer, clean it up and color it in flash and be able to scratch this little bugger off my list next weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: