Saturday, October 13, 2012

Classic Monsters Show, Part 1

Halloween Town Presents "Classic Monsters" December 1st, 2012

Hey Everybody!

Just as I was getting pretty decent about posting once a week, I go back to work and everything hits the fan.

You may be asking, "What's the Boogervampire been up to lately?"  The answer. . . not a whole heck of a lot.  Had my longest work hiatus ever this year.  8 months.  Didn't really talk about it much because most of the time I wasn't sure if it was going to be a hiatus or unemployment.  The animation industry works that way sometimes.  Good news is, it was just a hiatus so the months I spent working on my personal projects weren't a waste of time.  Bad news is, I didn't realize how much you move around when you're not strapped to a computer all day long!  Kinda miss the moving around (and the cats) but very happy to be working again.

Your next question, "So what exactly is that flyer for?"  This answer is an exciting one.  For a couple of years I've been trying to figure out what I needed to say or do to get into the art shows that take place at a year long Halloween shop near my home in Burbank, CA.  (The answer was just be myself.)  Happily I was accepted and get to be in my first show there on December 1st.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the shop owner and others like my piece enough to be asked into another.

The Halloween Town shop owner has politely requested that the artists participating in the Classic Monsters Tribute Show don't leak their artwork on line prior to the show opening.   So, although I can't show you what I'm working on, I can say that it is my most adventurous piece to date.  I'm hoping if I finish with enough time before the deadline that I can possibly do a second piece.  But for right now I'm just focusing on finishing the first one.

I will give you a hint.  It's got something to do with this guy:

Behind the scenes image from "The Creature From the Black Lagoon".
Finally, I'd also like to announce (with extreme pride) that Halloween Town is now carrying prints of some of my monster paintings!!  So if you're local, and happen to swing by Halloween Town, be sure to check them out.

The current selection available at Halloween Town.

No comments: