Monday, May 13, 2013

Boogervampire Mini-Painting Part 1

All 12 of the color comps for what will be a tiny 4x6 inch painting.  (9a is probably going to be the winner, FYI)

Greetings all!  Well, it's long over due, but I figured it was time to do a mini-painting featuring the Boogervampire himself.  As you can see, he's pretty tiny and kinda cute. :P  I've been having troubles figuring out a color combo for the painting.  I don't know that I've ever done so many color comps before, but I was having issues.  As you can see in many of the comps, it was difficult to find a combo that didn't cause his head or body to get lost in the background.  Thankfully #9 finally hit the mark and I think I'll be ACTUALLY be able to start the painting for REAL this week.

The Boogervampire loves his "Snotty Big Slurps" as much as I love my Super Big Gulps. 

I was recently invited to take part in a new paper themed art show in June, so you'll probably start seeing bits and pieces of in progress work for that piece soon.  Good news is it'll feature the bestest of friends, Frannie and the Creature from the Pink Lagoon again!  I'm excited because I'll have an opportunity to show what Frannie's bedroom looks like.

Check in next week for (hopefully) part two of the Boogervampire Mini-Painting.

No comments: