Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2nd Annual Spook Show: Part 2

The Boogervampire and I thank everyone for turning out to the Spook Show and welcome any new followers!
The 2nd Annual Spook Show was this last weekend in La Mirada, CA.  I know I said I'd post teasers of items that were going to be there but work has been crazier than usual.  Hence the reason I shut the Etsy shop down until July.  And now I'm back into work, busy as ever.


I just wanted to do a super quick recap of the event.  Things went better than I anticipated.  Had the opportunity to meet up with some people I talk to every now and then online and get to know them a little better and meet a fellow artist I'd been admiring for a few years and speak with her for a while.  I also test marketed some new product ideas (cosmetics bags), sold a couple sets of the Valentine's and nearly sold all of my remaining 2014 calendars.  It was a great day and I got to sit right across from the hearse club so I got to look at pretty (and some not so pretty) hearses.

I feel horrible that I didn't get to talk to everyone that came by, especially Sarah from Pink Donuts Designs.  Both times she came by I was either helping someone or catching up with someone I hadn't seen in forever.  I hate disappointing people, or feeling like I may have, especially when it's someone you've never met in real life.  I hope she didn't think I was too rude.  :(

Anyway, here's a random assortment of me and my husband's Instagram pics of the event.  My episode deadline is rapidly approaching so I probably won't be able to post much until I turn my board in.  After I do I'll finally get back to my Sushi Monster painting.

My husband caught me during set up.  Of course I had to make a silly face. 
My fearless crew!!  Natasha Kline and the Hubby.  They are showing off all his fun purchases. 
Sold the neon heart bat to this lovely lady! 
Someone brought their replica of the Dragula out for the day.  The guy was nice enough to let Carlos take a pic in it.

I'll announce this here now though.  Remember how I mentioned I'm going to force myself to go out more this year?  Well, my "spring event" will be taking place in May!  I'll be returning to the Bats Day Black Market for 2014.  I won't be making any exclusive items this year because of my schedule but I will be participating in their Haunted Mansion Icons art show put on by Gallery999.  I've got something very subtile in mind for my piece and am pretty excited about it.  Unfortunately, as with last year's Gallery999 painting, I can't post any in progress or preview images until the day of the event.


For more information on the Bats Day event, history or the event, or activities for this year's event please feel free to visit www.batsday.net.

No comments: