Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Umbrella Girl Sketch

Lately I've been a little busy trying to follow through with projects I've started.  Most of them are promises I made a while back and am trying to finish up.  Others are new, and have had me going a little crazy.

For example. . . two posts ago I finished up a long over due painting for my friend Irene.  Once that was done, I decided to tackle an unfinished Spider Apron I started nearly a year ago as well.

Next up. . . a painting I've owed my sister-in-law for almost two years.  It's sad sometimes how family gets set on the back burner.  The drawing posted above will more than likely turn into Louise's painting.  I'm going to do a few more sketches in the next couple of weeks before I make my final decision, but this one's looking promising.

But more immediately in my future is my first ever adventure to the San Diego Comic Convention.  I've been avoiding the Con like the plague ever since I moved here almost 10 years ago.  I've heard horror stories about the crowding, the heat, and, of course, the smell.  This year would be like all the others, accept that I'm trying to branch out a little from my comfort zone (of my couch) and try new things.  This way when I say I HATE COMIC CON, I will have at least experienced it for myself.  :D

No comments: