Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Crazy Long Weekend

Well, it's been a crazy weekend, but so wonderful that even the misadventures of my Monday this week couldn't dampen it.

So I got to take Friday off work cause my baby bro flew into town and I spent the entire day with him, his girlfriend and my Uncle. It was a crazy day full of TONS of walking, and fun. I started my day with cleaning my car. . . there's nothin' like havin' a clean car. Then we had some breakfast at this little greasy spoon and headed for the beach. It was an overcast morning but it was super pleasent. We just walked up and down the beach then drove down Pac Highway until we were bored and then headed through the canyons back to Burbank and then to the LA Zoo. It's been about a year since I've been to the Zoo and back in Burbank it was nice and sunny, so it was a ton of fun. I only wish my camera phone had a zoom on it so I could show ya all the sleepy Koala. I love koalas. Too cute. Even if they can carry cyphilis.

Now you may be askin', what the hell is that? Well, that is my boyfriends dinner from Friday night. He and my uncle decided to turn his dinner leftovers into Carmen Miranda. Kick butt food and the end to a good day. Also, all photo's are courtesey of my camera phone, which my baby bro showed me how to get my pictures off of, which is awesoeme cause now I don't feel like I purchased a worthless piece of crap.

Saturday was supposed to be pretty laid back, but it turned into another adventure filled day. We started the day by takein' my BF to the music store for guitar parts, then takin' my bro and his girlfriend down to Culver City to our favorite toy store and then returning home to start cookin' dinner a HUGE corned beef dinner. And as busy as all that was, things didn't get fun until Carlos's car broke down and I had to go out and show him how to jump start his car, which bums him out cause I know more about cars than he does. It did start and we got it to the shop and home again in time for me to finish cooking dinner, which turned out pretty good. Corned beef is always tastey.

Sunday we all got up, checked the car into the auto shop and headed to Disneyland. Disneyland was fun, as usual. The last time I went to Disneyland we didn't get to have too much time to talk because it was for my college graduation and my best friend from back home was with me. It was another strangly overcast day for late may but the lines were blissfully short and I went on the Pirate ship Columbia for the first time ever so it was pretty cool. Carlos and Louise were captivated by the giant marble orb fountain thingy. Carlos always asks if he can bring it home with him. I told him figure out how to get it to the car and in the house and we can talk about it.

Monday I unfortunately had to call out from work, which was not the plan, because Carlos's car problems turned out to be a $700.00 mess with the fuel pump and when one car is in the shop we're both kinda screwed. Due to our work schedules and locations, if one car is out then basically one of us can't go to work, and since Carlos is still in his training period it would be really BAD for him to miss work, so I stayed home and took my car into the shop (I discovered Saturday night when I was jumping his car that I had a nail in my tire, so obviously it needed to be fixed). Now that was interesting, going to pick up my car from having it's work done and asking them how "my other car" was doing. Also, on the unfortunate side was the fact that a storm front had come in and I had to walk a mile or so home in the rain and as soon as I got back home they called me to tell me my car was ready and I had to walk all the way back. I didn't mind, I like walkin' in the rain. My shoes on the other hand, they were a little cranky and waterlogged.

One thing that was pretty cool about Monday was that it was my Brother's birthday, so I baked him a cake and got him a present. It's been about 6 years since I've been able to celebrate my brother's birthday with him, so that was fun. We took him out to California Pizza Kitchen (after we picked up my boyfriend's new glasses)and stuffed his little belly full of pizza-y goodness and returned home to watch some unsolved mysteries ghost stories and eat some cake. Then it was off to bed.

I took them to the airport this morning. I guess the plane was delayed about 3 hours. I feel bad for the little bugger, but he's home now and that's the good part. I kinda teared up sayin' bye to them this morning. His girlfriend turned out to be everything my family back home said she was. She's a very nice sweet person and was a pleasure to meet. I just hope my brother thought the same of my boyfriend. I think he did. They picked on me WAY too much. :D

No comments: