Monday, January 10, 2011

Angler Fish Rock!

Well, a couple years ago I did a painting of an angler fish for a Power In Numbers show at Gallery Nucleus, and I thought it might be fun to do another as a bookmark or something for my shop.

Angler fish are awesome because the male fish is tiny and small and burrows it's way up into the female fish just above her ovary/uterus area.  His body then becomes part of her's and functions as a permanent sperm bank.  That and they're just creepy as hell and have a glowing orb on their head.  (Seriously, I learned the reproductive part in college.  Pretty rad.)

Also in shop news, I'm trying to gear up for Valentine's Day.  Made this little cutie into a pair of hair clips.  If spiders actually looked the way I drew them, I know I wouldn't be scared of them.

1 comment:

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Cute fuzzy pink spiders!! OHHHHMAAAHGAWD!