Sunday, January 23, 2011

Skullhead Sweet-Tart Mini Painting


Finally had an opportunity to do some painting this week.  After a small set back earlier in the week, I finally remembered how to use my gouache and did this little skullhead.  She measures approximately 1.5"x 1.75" (yes, those are inches, not feet).

The scan of the image doesn't really do the color's any justice though.  I purchased some neon watercolors and gouache over the summer at the Daniel Smith art MECCA back home and neon and scanners just don't mix.


Small story about her.  Just when I finished her and got her placed in her tiny little frame, I decided to clean off a water stain from the glass.  I sprayed a shot of Windex on it, and before I could even get back to the frame with a paper towel, it had almost completely obliterated her left (my right) eye.  Fortunately I got the painting out of the frame fast enough to let it dry and fix the eye, but I nearly had a heart attack!  Thank God it wasn't a gallery show piece or I would have really had one.


I'd like to do a couple more of these.  This one will be posted for sale in the Crypt of DOOM, in case you wanted to check out more photos of it.

No comments: