Monday, May 27, 2013

Godzilla's Paper Cranes: Part 1

WIP Color comp of new yet to be named Godzilla piece.
 Well, unfortunately things have been crazy busy in the work arena and I haven't been able to get back to the Boogervampire painting.  Probably won't be getting to it until my NEXT three day weekend (which is the 4th of July).  BUT this is the reason why, I actually have a work in progress post for a new painting!

Instagram post of the final sketch.
Little Godzilla, before he got soooo frustrated as an adult that he destroyed Tokyo multiple times, really doesn't care for humans very much.  He's taken to making 1000 paper cranes in hopes that once he completes all 1000 of them humans might disappear.  So yeah, sketch that I posted over on the Instagram and this color comp.

The show will be called "Paper Trail" and will open over at Monkeyhouse Toys in Silverlake, CA on June 29th.  Stay tuned for updates on the completed piece!

From the Kubrick Exhibit (left to right): Directors slates from  2001, A Clockwork Orange, the Shining, Full Metal Jacket, and Eyes Wide Shut; Storyboards from Spartacus; the iconic blue dresses of the little girls in the Shining, costume designs from 2001; and a matte painting from Spartacus.

In closing this week, I'd like to add, I finally made it to the Stanley Kubrick exhibit at LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art)! Simply wonderful show and tons of great stuff to satisfy the movie buff in me as well as the artist. What you don't see in the photo's above is examples of his photography which I found to be truly gorgeous. I don't know why I was so surprised to see that they were so lovely.

If you live in the LA area and haven 't been to the exhibit yet it's totally worth the $20 entrance fee, or at least I thought it was.

No comments: