Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Official Bats Day in the Fun Park™ Sugar Skull for Dia de los Murcielagos

Officially Licensed Bats Day in the Fun Park™ Sugar Skull
This year is the 15th annual Bats Day in the Fun Park outing happens to fall on Cinco de Mayo, as such, the people who organize the event chose to market the outing with a Day of the Dead theme.  This year Bats Day is also being referred to as "Dia de los Murcielagos" (which is obviously just the spanish translation of Bats Day).  Since my followers all know how much I LOVE drawing sugar skulls I contacted the people who organize the event and asked them what measures and permissions I would require if I wanted to make a special limited edition sugar skull for my table that was reminiscent of their logo.

Let me just say Noah K. and the rest of the organizers have been a pleasure to work with on this.  I submitted a proposal which included what I wanted to make, how many of each proposed piece I was planning on making and a rough sketch of my idea to them.  Happily they agreed to my proposal and after I signed the proper licensing agreement paperwork, I got into full swing with production.

Official Bats Day™ Sugar Skull Hair Clips.  Limited Edition of 25 pairs.

Official Bats Day™ Sugar Skull Digital Archival Print.  Limited Edition of 25 prints all signed and numbered.

Official Bats Day™ Sugar Skull Earrings.  Limited Edition of 25 pairs.
As you can see, I chose to stick with what I know in the form of merchansise.  There are three limited edition items that will be available at my Boogervampire.com table (table 19 if you were curious) this year: hair clips, earrings and a digital archival print (numbered and signed).  Each of the limited edition items are only being released in a run of 25 and will be available at the table on May 4th for the Black Market event.  If for any reason there are some left over, I've been granted permission to sell the remaining items in the Crypt of DOOM once Bats Day Weekend is over.

(Sorry for the Instagram bombing.  I haven't had space to set up my good photo rig since my husband started a new custom GI Joe vehicle project in my work space and I don't have the heart to tell him to move his project just so I can take pictures for the blog.)

Also, if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you already know about the two new mini paintings I'll have available at the table.  For those that don't let me introduce you to a couple more cranky Candy Corn and an irate Rainbow Layer Cake.

Candy Corn 2013; Gouache, 2"x3"; 2013
Rainbow Layer Cake; Gouache 3"x2"; 2013
Both the mini paintings are framed in adorable little mini frames. Still determining pricing for everything, but anything new that doesn't sell at Bats Day will be available in the Crypt of DOOM shortly after.

Speaking of the event (not that I've stopped since January) if you decide to swing by the Anaheim Double Tree Suites to check out the Bats Day Black Market on May 4th, you can also check out the "May the 4th be with you" themed "Haunted Mansion meets Star Wars" tribute show in the same location.  I do have a new piece, which I mentioned a couple of posts back.  I still can't show you any images of the whole piece, but be sure to check back on Monday, May 6th to check out the post devoted to my painting "Help Us Master Gracey, You're Our Only Hope".  (I always have way too much fun coming up with the titles.)

What I will tell you about the piece is this. . . it's got a certain squat little trouble making droid in it and I finally got to use the neon red gouache I've had for a while but didn't know what to do with it.  ;)

Just in case you're thinking of turning out for the event, here's the details:

Where: Doubletree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort/Convention Center | 2085 S. Harbor Boulevard | Anaheim, CA 92802

Full details at the Bats Day Website.

Pagan Spring @ ELEU Salon in Burbank, CA
And finally, something NOT Bats Day related!  I'm participating in a small group art show at a Salon/Gallery in Burbank, CA thru the end of the month of May.  If you're in the area swing by and check out the awesome "Pagan Spring" themed artwork.  Since I've been so busy getting ready for the convention I submitted the Medusa series, including the never seen before in public "Soul" Medusa.

2 comments:

Natasha Kline said...

I can't wait!!!!! X-D

Unknown said...

what a wonderful blog, Your efforts are appreciable.