Saturday, September 21, 2013

Macross World Convention 2013 and Deculture: A Tribute to Macross



**UPDATE**

Just got the Flyer in for the show at the Convention.   You may continue. ;)


Over the last week I've been working on completing painting number 4 out of the 6 paintings I have to have completed by November 1st.  Sadly, the painting affiliated with the above poster for Macross World Convention 2013's art show "Deculture: A Tribute to Macross" is another "contractually obligated to not show before a certain date" painting.  Which I BARELY caught in the fine print at the last minute cause I was so tired.

Just before my birthday I was contacted by the organizers of the Macross World Convention.  They are having their first ever gallery/art exhibit entitled "Deculture: A Tribute to Macross" and they asked me if I'd participate.  I was hesitant at first because I don't know very much about Macross and it felt strange doing tribute/fan art for something I've never really seen.  I was honest with them and told the truth, but when they wrote back and said that they just loved my style and would be curious to see what I came up with in.  Then they were nice enough to give me a crash course in the world of Macross.  How could I say no when they were so nice about things?

You'll have to wait until October 6th to see the new painting, but, I can tell you I titled it "Tech or Treat" and it'll probably give someone a cavity.  Gouache, as usual, for the medium and pretty small.  As I get more information I'll try to do a follow up post with more specific info.


NOW I finally get a much needed week off (just in-time to watch season premiers on CBS) between painting number 4 and painting number 5. . . and then I'll get a whole 2 and a half weeks to complete painting number 5!  Believe me, I could use it.  What's the next show?  Why thank you for asking.  Up next in mid-october is "Story Time" a group show organized by Oscar Rosales of Bleenkies fame at Monkeyhouse Toys in Silverlake, CA.  Just check out the flyer for more info.

No comments: