Sunday, March 06, 2011

Ice-Scream Social


Well now that the opening for the Women In Animation show has come and gone (to those of you who made it out to the opening I sincerely thank you) I can now post the finished painting!!  To all my Facebook friends and followers, I apologize for showing you stuff you've seen a million and a half times already.  :P

"Ice-Scream Social" is an 8"x10" gouache concoction featuring my little "Bride of Frankenstein" character who's named Frannie, and also introduces her little Frankenstein boyfriend Hugo.  They're at the local Ice-Scream Parlor enjoying a deadly nightshade milk shake with ectoplasm and whipped cream topping and finished with an eyeball on top.  I think they're quite enamored with each other, don't you?

Coming in two weeks will be my next art exhibition of 2011, this one taking place at Monkeyhouse Toys in Silverlake, CA.  As I've said before, I'm very excited about that show.  The piece has been done for over two weeks, but I'm trying to be good and not post it all over the web until closer to the show's date.  BUT, if you are a follower of the Boogervampire over on Facebook, you have already seen it.  ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: